UK capital gets approval to use .london domain
Johannesburg: London has reportedly got the approval to use the .london domain name in a bid to have its own identity in the world of the www.
The British capital is said to get internet addresses ending in .london domain from the next year after Icann, the global internet body, approved the suffix.
According to News24, the new suffixes are part of a wider expansion of the online address system familiar to many people through the traditional .com and .net.
The report said that Icann is working on hundreds of bids for new addresses like .active, .youtube, while other city domains, such as .paris, .nyc, and .moscow, are at various stages of the launch process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP