UK capital gets approval to use .london domain
Johannesburg: London has reportedly got the approval to use the .london domain name in a bid to have its own identity in the world of the www.
The British capital is said to get internet addresses ending in .london domain from the next year after Icann, the global internet body, approved the suffix.
According to News24, the new suffixes are part of a wider expansion of the online address system familiar to many people through the traditional .com and .net.
The report said that Icann is working on hundreds of bids for new addresses like .active, .youtube, while other city domains, such as .paris, .nyc, and .moscow, are at various stages of the launch process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says