UK capital gets approval to use .london domain
Johannesburg: London has reportedly got the approval to use the .london domain name in a bid to have its own identity in the world of the www.
The British capital is said to get internet addresses ending in .london domain from the next year after Icann, the global internet body, approved the suffix.
According to News24, the new suffixes are part of a wider expansion of the online address system familiar to many people through the traditional .com and .net.
The report said that Icann is working on hundreds of bids for new addresses like .active, .youtube, while other city domains, such as .paris, .nyc, and .moscow, are at various stages of the launch process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister