U`khand police to have separate cell for cyber crimes
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government today decided to create a separate cell in the state police to deal exclusively with cyber crimes.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar which also approved an annual plan of Rs 16.11 crore for the current fiscal for modernisation of the police force, official sources said here.
The amount will be spent over creating training facilities for police personnel, purchase of state-of-the-art equipment, weapons and vehicles for the force and constructing non-residential Homeguard Bhawans.
The meeting, which was attended by DGP Satvrat Bansal and Principal Secretary (Home) Om Prakash besides a host of senior officials, decided to create a dedicated cell to tackle cyber crimes and make the Police Training College at Narendranagar functional this year, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'