U`khand police to have separate cell for cyber crimes
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government today decided to create a separate cell in the state police to deal exclusively with cyber crimes.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar which also approved an annual plan of Rs 16.11 crore for the current fiscal for modernisation of the police force, official sources said here.
The amount will be spent over creating training facilities for police personnel, purchase of state-of-the-art equipment, weapons and vehicles for the force and constructing non-residential Homeguard Bhawans.
The meeting, which was attended by DGP Satvrat Bansal and Principal Secretary (Home) Om Prakash besides a host of senior officials, decided to create a dedicated cell to tackle cyber crimes and make the Police Training College at Narendranagar functional this year, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren