U`khand police to have separate cell for cyber crimes
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government today decided to create a separate cell in the state police to deal exclusively with cyber crimes.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar which also approved an annual plan of Rs 16.11 crore for the current fiscal for modernisation of the police force, official sources said here.
The amount will be spent over creating training facilities for police personnel, purchase of state-of-the-art equipment, weapons and vehicles for the force and constructing non-residential Homeguard Bhawans.
The meeting, which was attended by DGP Satvrat Bansal and Principal Secretary (Home) Om Prakash besides a host of senior officials, decided to create a dedicated cell to tackle cyber crimes and make the Police Training College at Narendranagar functional this year, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'