U`khand police to have separate cell for cyber crimes
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government today decided to create a separate cell in the state police to deal exclusively with cyber crimes.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar which also approved an annual plan of Rs 16.11 crore for the current fiscal for modernisation of the police force, official sources said here.
The amount will be spent over creating training facilities for police personnel, purchase of state-of-the-art equipment, weapons and vehicles for the force and constructing non-residential Homeguard Bhawans.
The meeting, which was attended by DGP Satvrat Bansal and Principal Secretary (Home) Om Prakash besides a host of senior officials, decided to create a dedicated cell to tackle cyber crimes and make the Police Training College at Narendranagar functional this year, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video