`Uncool` Facebook losing its `teen appeal`
Washington: Facebook is losing its `younger users` to other products and services because the social networking giant is no more `cool`.
For Facebook teens are often an accurate barometer for what`s cool and what`s next, and recent rumblings seem to indicate teens are moving on.
According to the Verge, teens have turned to sites like Tumblr and apps like Snapchat and Instagram to communicate.
Some data suggests that Tumblr may have already eclipsed Facebook as the most popular social network among 13-25 year-olds.
The report pointed out that at eralier it was cool to expose details about yourself, like what movies you like, what you`re doing right now, and who you`re in a relationship with.
But now, at some point, adding these details, like hundreds of photos from a recent vacation and status updates about your new job amounted to bragging .
What was once cool was now uncool, the report said.
Maybe the burden of constantly constructing immaculate digital profiles of ourselves is tiring, it added.
According to the report, the day of the overshare may have passed, and bragging online isn`t as fun as it used to be.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!