Updated Windows 8.1.1 likely to be released on March 11
Washington: Updated Windows 8.1.1 is speculated to be released on March 11, lining up with a Patch Tuesday.
ZDNet`s Mary Jo Foley said that the update could lower per-unit OEM costs, allowing for expanded margins for manufacturers, TechCrunch reports.
Update 1 is expected to refine the operating system and reduce memory usage and disk space requirements for Windows 8.1 to help lower-end tablets.
Previously, the release date for update-1.html"> Update 1 was thought to be further out, in April, perhaps landing around the same time as the Build conference.
The largest change expected to be seen in Windows 8.1.1 is some crossover of Metro apps to the traditional desktop, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'