Updated Windows 8.1.1 likely to be released on March 11
Washington: Updated Windows 8.1.1 is speculated to be released on March 11, lining up with a Patch Tuesday.
ZDNet`s Mary Jo Foley said that the update could lower per-unit OEM costs, allowing for expanded margins for manufacturers, TechCrunch reports.
Update 1 is expected to refine the operating system and reduce memory usage and disk space requirements for Windows 8.1 to help lower-end tablets.
Previously, the release date for update-1.html"> Update 1 was thought to be further out, in April, perhaps landing around the same time as the Build conference.
The largest change expected to be seen in Windows 8.1.1 is some crossover of Metro apps to the traditional desktop, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY