Updated Windows 8.1.1 likely to be released on March 11
Washington: Updated Windows 8.1.1 is speculated to be released on March 11, lining up with a Patch Tuesday.
ZDNet`s Mary Jo Foley said that the update could lower per-unit OEM costs, allowing for expanded margins for manufacturers, TechCrunch reports.
Update 1 is expected to refine the operating system and reduce memory usage and disk space requirements for Windows 8.1 to help lower-end tablets.
Previously, the release date for update-1.html"> Update 1 was thought to be further out, in April, perhaps landing around the same time as the Build conference.
The largest change expected to be seen in Windows 8.1.1 is some crossover of Metro apps to the traditional desktop, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui