Video of Saudi woman confronting religious police goes viral
London: A video of a brave Saudi woman confronting members of the country`s religious police after they accused her of breaking strict modesty rules with her freshly painted nails, has gone viral on internet.
The unidentified woman refuses their demands that she leave the mall where was present and tells them that her nails are `none of (their) business`.
After she filmed the incident on her mobile phone and it was posted on YouTube, her row with the members of the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice (CPVPV) has gone viral.
It has ignited a debate in Saudi Arabia over the way that members of the commission should deal with people in public places, the Daily Mail here reported.
The video shows several men in traditional Saudi dress, who have apparently stopped the woman to chastise her for the immodesty of her freshly manicured nails.
One of the men orders the woman to leave the mall, but she refuses and the pair become embroiled in a heated argument in the middle of the mall`s concourse.
`The government didn`t send you to follow me,` she yells at the men. `The government said there would be no persecution [of women], she is heard saying.
In two days, the video has got 106,512 views on YouTube.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly