Virtual changing room to try clothes online!
London: A new fashion website has been introduced that offers made-to-measure styling services so that the buyer can try out the picked clothes by simply entering their measurements.
Meemee.me, which is aiming to banish buy-before-you-try online fashion disasters, lets the shopper create an avatar and try clothes on online.
The site invites to upload the shoulder, bust, waist and hip measurements, after which it creates an avatar that tries on the chosen clothes for you.
Currently, the site seems to rely on whether your waist is smaller than your hips and chest to define whether you are a pear, hourglass or rectangle shape, as the feature is still in early development and its height measurement is still missing.
If the measurements are unusually big, the site simply posts a Gok Wan style message.
“We are all different shapes; that’s what makes us special,” the Daily Mail quoted the message as saying.
“You need to make sure you balance out your hips and nip in your waist. Dress for your shape and you will look fabulous,’ the message says.
If the buyer wants a second opinion just as in real changing rooms, you can also save your choices in an online fitting room and send them to a friend to look at, through Facebook or by email.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!