Wear this tiny device as earrings to download software!
London: As people wait anxiously for the wearable computer device Google Glass to be launched later this year, a tiny computer worn on the ear that can be controlled by eye or tongue movements is in the offing.
Armed with bluetooth, global positioning system (GPS), compass, gyro-sensor, battery, barometer, speaker and microphone, the wireless device also enables users to load software.
"Currently named `Earclip-type Wearable PC,` the prototype has a microchip and data storage facility," said Kazuhiro Taniguchi, engineer in Hiroshima City University in Japan.
It can be connected to a smart phone, an iPod or other gadgets.
The user can navigate using facial expressions, such as a raised eyebrow, a wiggle of nose or by clenching teeth, said a press release by Hiroshima City University.
The device uses infrared sensors that monitor tiny movements inside the ear.
The device can also function as a hearing aid and monitor the wearer`s health including pulse and body temperature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?
- Hong Kong student leader pleads not guilty
- Gold down by Rs 51 to Rs 31,347 per 10 gram in futures trade
- ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth mania grips nation – WATCH to believe it