Wear this tiny device as earrings to download software!
London: As people wait anxiously for the wearable computer device Google Glass to be launched later this year, a tiny computer worn on the ear that can be controlled by eye or tongue movements is in the offing.
Armed with bluetooth, global positioning system (GPS), compass, gyro-sensor, battery, barometer, speaker and microphone, the wireless device also enables users to load software.
"Currently named `Earclip-type Wearable PC,` the prototype has a microchip and data storage facility," said Kazuhiro Taniguchi, engineer in Hiroshima City University in Japan.
It can be connected to a smart phone, an iPod or other gadgets.
The user can navigate using facial expressions, such as a raised eyebrow, a wiggle of nose or by clenching teeth, said a press release by Hiroshima City University.
The device uses infrared sensors that monitor tiny movements inside the ear.
The device can also function as a hearing aid and monitor the wearer`s health including pulse and body temperature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015