Wear this tiny device as earrings to download software!
London: As people wait anxiously for the wearable computer device Google Glass to be launched later this year, a tiny computer worn on the ear that can be controlled by eye or tongue movements is in the offing.
Armed with bluetooth, global positioning system (GPS), compass, gyro-sensor, battery, barometer, speaker and microphone, the wireless device also enables users to load software.
"Currently named `Earclip-type Wearable PC,` the prototype has a microchip and data storage facility," said Kazuhiro Taniguchi, engineer in Hiroshima City University in Japan.
It can be connected to a smart phone, an iPod or other gadgets.
The user can navigate using facial expressions, such as a raised eyebrow, a wiggle of nose or by clenching teeth, said a press release by Hiroshima City University.
The device uses infrared sensors that monitor tiny movements inside the ear.
The device can also function as a hearing aid and monitor the wearer`s health including pulse and body temperature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC