Web Alert: Google warns of internet blackout
Washington: Search giant Google has issued a warning to its millions of users that they could lose the ability to connect to the internet in July due to a computer virus. The problem began when international hackers ran an online advertising scam to take control of infected computers around the world.
In a highly unusual response , the FBI set up a safety net months ago using government computers to prevent internet disruptions for those infected users , but that system will be shut down on July 9, killing connections for those people . The FBI has run a campaign for months, encouraging people to visit a website that will inform them whether they are infected and explain how to fix the problem.
After July 9, infected users won`t be able to connect to the internet. According to Fox News, Google has now planned to throw its weight into the awareness campaign . The site will be rolling out alerting to users via a special message that will appear at the top of the Google search results page for users with affected computers, CNET reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000