Web Alert: Google warns of internet blackout
Washington: Search giant Google has issued a warning to its millions of users that they could lose the ability to connect to the internet in July due to a computer virus. The problem began when international hackers ran an online advertising scam to take control of infected computers around the world.
In a highly unusual response , the FBI set up a safety net months ago using government computers to prevent internet disruptions for those infected users , but that system will be shut down on July 9, killing connections for those people . The FBI has run a campaign for months, encouraging people to visit a website that will inform them whether they are infected and explain how to fix the problem.
After July 9, infected users won`t be able to connect to the internet. According to Fox News, Google has now planned to throw its weight into the awareness campaign . The site will be rolling out alerting to users via a special message that will appear at the top of the Google search results page for users with affected computers, CNET reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown