Web economy to hit 4.2 trillion dollars as users opt Internet over sex
Washington: A recent survey delved into the lifestyle habits of people - including sex, alcohol, showers and cars - they would sacrifice for one year to get access to the Internet.
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) surveyed around 1,000 people in each of several G-20 nations.
According to BCG data and projections, there will be 3 billion Internet users globally by 2016. Presently, there are 1.9 billion online users across the world. And the Internet economy for the G-20 nations will grow to 4.2 trillion dollars.
Most of the results for items like coffee, chocolate and fast food were steady with averages of 70-80 percent. The biggest discrepancies among nations were in lifestyle habits like showering, sex and driving, the CBS News reported.
A moderate 21 percent of Americans would let go sex to keep the Internet on for a year. Japan topped the list of citizens who would make the sacrifice, with 56 percent who would abstain from sex. Brazilians were the least likely to give up sex for the web access - just 12 percent surveyed would give it up.
The most hygienic nation of the lot was France, with only 5 percent eager to give up showers for the Internet. The U.S. came in second place with 7 percent and Brazil in third with 8 percent.
American and South Africans were most attached to their vehicles, as only 10 percent each were willing to give up their cars for the Internet. Nearly 56 percent of the Chinese would prefer to have web access than a car.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living