Website name booking in Hindi proposed from Aug 15 for Rs 350
New Delhi: Individuals of companies which are interested in owning a website with domain name in Hindi language would be able to book the name in Hindi script from next month.
"Domain (website) name booking in Hindi script is proposed to be launched from August 15 subject to approval from higher authorities. Each domain name will cost Rs 350 and the TLD(top level domain) will be .Bharat (in Hindi script)," National Internet Exchange of India CEO Govind told PTI.
The name would have `.Bharat` in Hindi script as its extension instead of commonly top level domains such as .Com, .Net or .In.
He said that companies involved in booking of domain names can facilitate booking of website name in Hindi script as well.
"First two months, we will open it for companies having trademark or copyright on names like brands, government organisations, reputed commercial firms. After two months, the service will be opened for all," Govind said.
He said that people will be able to book sub-domain name for Rs 250 each.
At present, people can book name of websites using English script or letters. Government is of the view that websites in Hindi will give push to creation of website content in local language as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report