Website with 900,000 pictures launched
Mumbai: A website with a bank of over 900,000 news images has been launched to tap the estimated Rs.300 crore image market in India.
The website, www.napolstockimage.com, was launched Friday evening by former MP and media personality Pritish Nandy, at function held at the Mumbai Press Club.
It claims to have a huge collection of images spanning a wide spectrum in monochrome and colour, which could be useful for visual media professionals.
Very soon, it hopes to have a photograph library of over a million images, which will be available to the print media against a subscription, said its editor-in-chief Jayanta Narayan Saha.
The website offers choices like: Image of the Day and Editorial Photo, through its team of 15 photographers who regularly contribute daily news photos. It will also have a full fledged modern studio for conducting creative shoots daily.
"We believe that the strength of the Napol Stock Image collection lies with the connection the photographers feel for their subject matter," Saha said at the launch in Mumbai Friday evening.
He said that the Napol Stock Image collection features imagery from the highly conceptual, to everyday scenes. Thousands of new images are added each month to meet the evolving needs of customers seeking images.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj