WhatsApp crosses 50 million active users in India
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: WhatsApp, the mobile messaging application, has achieved a milestone with a record of 50 million active users in India.
The mobile messaging app has also tied up with India`s biggest telecom operator, Airtel, to offer its subscribers` data packs, which start at as low as Rs 36 for a month and go up to Rs 49 per month.
WhatsApp now has over half-a-billion monthly active users globally. The company was acquired last year by Facebook in a whopping deal worth $19 Billion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason