WhatsApp hits 500 million active users
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: WhatsApp, the mobile messaging application, has achieved a milestone with a record of 500 million monthly active users.
In an official blog post, CEO Jan Koum wrote, “Thanks to all of you, half a billion people around the world are now regular, active WhatsApp users”.
“In the last few months, we`ve grown fastest in countries like Brazil, India, Mexico, and Russia, and our users are also sharing more than 700 million photos and 100 million videos every single day”, it added.
In August 2013, WhatsApp had close to 200 million users, which is an indication that its user base has more than doubled in less than a year.
WhatsApp Messenger is a mobile messaging application which allows users to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert