Why `logging off` Facebook is crucial for sanity
Sydney: Popular social media site Facebook has many reasons to be loved and feel connected to. However, there are also some important reasons to `log off` from the site so as to `stay connected` to the real life.
According to Sydney Morning Herald, the top most reason that a user should consider logging off from the site is the `unconcious addiction` it brings with it. One may not realize but the addiction often takes over the real life and one study claims that on average, women spent 81 minutes per day Facebooking, and men spent 64 minutes.
Behavioural problems include low self esteem Facebook users, especially females, feel more body conscious by looking at friends` online photos and other such problems include increased narcissim, aggressive behaviour and sleeping problems.
The report said that Facebook activities may also influence job recruiters` take on considering a candidate based on their account`s content and similar condition applies to university applications as well.
According to the report, the most popular or the most irritating activity of a user is that of `post break-up` updates. Considering logging off during the tough time can not only help one get over the heart break soon but also allow one to handle the situation in a mature manner.
Other reasons one should deactivate the account is for the simple reason that it fires envy in other users seeing pictures, posts and statuses about one`s happy moments and is also bolsters gossip and online bullying, which can only make those involved feel worse.
For all those academics that tend to feel all the more addicted to the site during exams, should consider asking their trusted friend to change their account password till the exams are over.
The report highlighted the most crucial of all the reasons which is `privacy`. Knowing that the recently launched `Graph Search` allows more access to what a user likes or dislikes, and marketers using the significant details of one`s life at an advantage, it should only be the prime reason for users to deactivate the account and `connect` to the real world.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India