Why `logging off` Facebook is crucial for sanity
Sydney: Popular social media site Facebook has many reasons to be loved and feel connected to. However, there are also some important reasons to `log off` from the site so as to `stay connected` to the real life.
According to Sydney Morning Herald, the top most reason that a user should consider logging off from the site is the `unconcious addiction` it brings with it. One may not realize but the addiction often takes over the real life and one study claims that on average, women spent 81 minutes per day Facebooking, and men spent 64 minutes.
Behavioural problems include low self esteem Facebook users, especially females, feel more body conscious by looking at friends` online photos and other such problems include increased narcissim, aggressive behaviour and sleeping problems.
The report said that Facebook activities may also influence job recruiters` take on considering a candidate based on their account`s content and similar condition applies to university applications as well.
According to the report, the most popular or the most irritating activity of a user is that of `post break-up` updates. Considering logging off during the tough time can not only help one get over the heart break soon but also allow one to handle the situation in a mature manner.
Other reasons one should deactivate the account is for the simple reason that it fires envy in other users seeing pictures, posts and statuses about one`s happy moments and is also bolsters gossip and online bullying, which can only make those involved feel worse.
For all those academics that tend to feel all the more addicted to the site during exams, should consider asking their trusted friend to change their account password till the exams are over.
The report highlighted the most crucial of all the reasons which is `privacy`. Knowing that the recently launched `Graph Search` allows more access to what a user likes or dislikes, and marketers using the significant details of one`s life at an advantage, it should only be the prime reason for users to deactivate the account and `connect` to the real world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi