Winsor McCay honoured with `Little Nemo` doodle
New Delhi: Google’s Doodle magic is once again a rage on the Internet. This time Google paid tribute to American cartoonist and animator Winsor Zenic McCay with an interactive doodle “Little Nemo in Slumberland”.
The doodle recreates the adventures of the main fictional character from the illustrator`s comic strips, which first appeared on 15 October 1905 in the New York Herald. This doodle is a tribute to the marvellous creativity and the creation of various fictional characters which have enthralled and captured the million of hearts with their exciting adventures.
The Google Doodle is the first of its kind to feature an interactive, motion picture comic strip. This time Google goes a step ahead to create an entire story. The interactive comic strip provides a small tab at the lower right area for visitors to click to see the continuation of the story. Clicking on the tab at the end of the story will take the visitor to a search results page for Winsor Zenic McCay.
In the doodle, Little Nemo while asleep is seen falling in his dreams from his bed into a hole and rescued by Princess Camille, daughter of Morpheus. The doodle is a beautiful narration of Little Nemo in Slumber and his adventures through the Google-land and how he eventually falls out of his bed.
Winsor Zenic McCay was an American cartoonist and animator, best known for the comic strip Little Nemo and the animated cartoon Gertie the Dinosaur. He realized his zeal towards art during his youth while he was in Ypsilanti. So, to pursue his passion, he underwent his only formal art training from Eastern Michigan. His bold and stylistic use of colours, the tremendous creativity that he possessed and the variations he used in his creations were widely appreciated and became a source of inspiration for many. He has set a standard which will always be followed and nevertheless Winsor McCay is a name which will be remembered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed