World Wide Web founder against `total control` of Internet by governments
London: Founder of World Wide Web (www) Sir Tim Berners-Lee has said that governments or large companies should not have `total control` over Internet freedom.
According to Sky News, Sir Tim said that his invention developed 24 years ago was about a universal space with no particular language, browser or computer in mind, which could be used for good as well as bad things.
However, Sir Tim pointed out that Internet should not be `undercut` by large companies or governments who want to have total control of it.
Sir Tim`s warnings come in light of the recent revelations by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden who leaked secret intelligence information related to the US government `snooping` on its citizens` online activities as part of national security measure.
The report said that Sir Tim along with his colleagues Robert Khan, Vint Cerf, Louis Pouzin and Marc Andreessen have been awarded the inaugural 1 million pounds by the Queen for their pioneering work in establishing internet and revolutionizing communication.
The Queen said that the achievements of Sir Tim and his team have developed the revolutionary technology, which has brought people together in ways that were unimaginable even 30 years ago, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement