Yahoo! accuses Facebook of patent infringement
San Francisco: Yahoo! filed a lawsuit against Facebook accusing the social networking giant of patent infringement.
Yahoo!, in the suit filed in US District Court yesterday for the Northern District of California, accused Facebook of infringing on 10 of its patents.
"For much of the technology upon which Facebook is based Yahoo! got there first and was therefore granted patents by the United States Patent Office to protect those innovations," Yahoo! said in the suit, a copy of which was posted online by the website All Things Digital.
"Yahoo!`s patents relate to cutting edge innovations in online products, including in messaging, news feed generation, social commenting, advertising display, preventing click fraud and privacy controls," the suit said.
"Facebook`s entire social network model, which allows users to create profiles and connect with, among other things, persons and businesses, is based on Yahoo!`s patented social networking technology," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India