Yahoo acquires browser based game creation engine Cloud Party
Washington: Yahoo has reportedly acquired a browser based game creation engine called the Cloud Party.
The virtual world gaming startup that allows users to build and create a world, customize an avatar, and share easily on the web without any downloads or plug-ins is set to shut down on February 21, 2014.
Expressing delight on its latest conquest, a Yahoo spokesperson said that the company was excited to merge its unique perspective and experience with a team that is just as passionate about gaming, Tech Crunch reported.
The team of Cloud Party will join Yahoo after two years of operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report