Yahoo acquires content delivery startup `PeerCDN`
Washington: Yahoo has acquired content delivery network provider PeerCDN in a bid to resolve its mail issues.
PeerCDN`s technology delivers site resources like images, videos and downloads via a peer-to- peer network of people currently visiting a website using WebRTC, real-time communication technology, instead of using an additional software.
This reduces some of the bandwidth costs of the website provider by letting visitors share the burden, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31
- Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing to discuss North Korean missile test
- Fiji military chief visits New Zealand for rebuilding of links between the armed forces
- Olympic flag arrives in Tokyo, host city of 2020 Summer Olympics
- Any talks on Kashmir must include Pakistan: Hurriyat Conference's Mirwaiz Umar Farooq