Yahoo acquires mobile-video app Ptch
Washington: Continuing with its start-up acquisition spree, Yahoo has reportedly purchased mobile-video app Ptch that was funded by Dream Works Animation for an undisclosed amount.
The Ptch iPhone app lets users create montage videos out of clips and photos.
According to a website, the Ptch team is expected to join Yahoo after shutting down in January 2014 and the company said that it will be able to focus its efforts and leverage technology to make Yahoo`s photos and video platforms the best in the world.
The service was launched a little more than a year ago, after being incubated out of DreamWorks for eight months.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has been on a shopping spree of startups since getting the top job at the internet giant in a bid to revive its market share lost to rival Google.
Just a day earlier, the internet giant bought SkyPhrase, a natural language software, expected to be incorporated in Yahoo`s core product lineup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik