Yahoo acquires mobile-video app Ptch
Washington: Continuing with its start-up acquisition spree, Yahoo has reportedly purchased mobile-video app Ptch that was funded by Dream Works Animation for an undisclosed amount.
The Ptch iPhone app lets users create montage videos out of clips and photos.
According to a website, the Ptch team is expected to join Yahoo after shutting down in January 2014 and the company said that it will be able to focus its efforts and leverage technology to make Yahoo`s photos and video platforms the best in the world.
The service was launched a little more than a year ago, after being incubated out of DreamWorks for eight months.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has been on a shopping spree of startups since getting the top job at the internet giant in a bid to revive its market share lost to rival Google.
Just a day earlier, the internet giant bought SkyPhrase, a natural language software, expected to be incorporated in Yahoo`s core product lineup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Janmashtami 2016: Send these devotional TEXT MESSAGES to your loved ones right away!
- Soon, you may use Wi-Fi on Indian flights
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test 'greatest success'
- Myanmar weighs damage after earthquake rattles Bagan pagodas
- Despite sporting glory, Indian women struggle to rise