Yahoo acquires mobile-video app Ptch
Washington: Continuing with its start-up acquisition spree, Yahoo has reportedly purchased mobile-video app Ptch that was funded by Dream Works Animation for an undisclosed amount.
The Ptch iPhone app lets users create montage videos out of clips and photos.
According to a website, the Ptch team is expected to join Yahoo after shutting down in January 2014 and the company said that it will be able to focus its efforts and leverage technology to make Yahoo`s photos and video platforms the best in the world.
The service was launched a little more than a year ago, after being incubated out of DreamWorks for eight months.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has been on a shopping spree of startups since getting the top job at the internet giant in a bid to revive its market share lost to rival Google.
Just a day earlier, the internet giant bought SkyPhrase, a natural language software, expected to be incorporated in Yahoo`s core product lineup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?