Yahoo acquires mobile-video app Ptch
Washington: Continuing with its start-up acquisition spree, Yahoo has reportedly purchased mobile-video app Ptch that was funded by Dream Works Animation for an undisclosed amount.
The Ptch iPhone app lets users create montage videos out of clips and photos.
According to a website, the Ptch team is expected to join Yahoo after shutting down in January 2014 and the company said that it will be able to focus its efforts and leverage technology to make Yahoo`s photos and video platforms the best in the world.
The service was launched a little more than a year ago, after being incubated out of DreamWorks for eight months.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has been on a shopping spree of startups since getting the top job at the internet giant in a bid to revive its market share lost to rival Google.
Just a day earlier, the internet giant bought SkyPhrase, a natural language software, expected to be incorporated in Yahoo`s core product lineup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai