Yahoo acquires mobile-video app Ptch
Washington: Continuing with its start-up acquisition spree, Yahoo has reportedly purchased mobile-video app Ptch that was funded by Dream Works Animation for an undisclosed amount.
The Ptch iPhone app lets users create montage videos out of clips and photos.
According to a website, the Ptch team is expected to join Yahoo after shutting down in January 2014 and the company said that it will be able to focus its efforts and leverage technology to make Yahoo`s photos and video platforms the best in the world.
The service was launched a little more than a year ago, after being incubated out of DreamWorks for eight months.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has been on a shopping spree of startups since getting the top job at the internet giant in a bid to revive its market share lost to rival Google.
Just a day earlier, the internet giant bought SkyPhrase, a natural language software, expected to be incorporated in Yahoo`s core product lineup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell