Yahoo adds two more patent theft charges against Facebook
Washington: Embattled Internet firm Yahoo has expanded its legal fight with Facebook by including two more charges of intellectual property theft against the social networking giant.
Yahoo has now claimed that Facebook is infringing on 12, rather than ten, of its patents.
“Today`s filing underscores the breadth of Facebook`s violation of Yahoo``s intellectual property,” The Los Angeles Times quoted a Yahoo spokesman, as saying.
Last month Yahoo claimed Facebook had infringed on ten of its patents, including systems and methods for advertising on the web.
Facebook, however, counter sued the Internet firm, claiming Yahoo violated its patents covering photo tagging, advertising and online recommendations.
According to the report, Yahoo has now denied the claims and accused Facebook of engaging in unfair tactics.
It said Facebook violated an agreement between the two companies to notify each other of possible patent infringements before going to court.
Meanwhile a Facebook spokesman said that they are `perplexed by Yahoo``s erratic actions.`
“We disagree with these latest claims and we will continue to defend ourselves vigorously,” the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?