Yahoo adds two more patent theft charges against Facebook
Washington: Embattled Internet firm Yahoo has expanded its legal fight with Facebook by including two more charges of intellectual property theft against the social networking giant.
Yahoo has now claimed that Facebook is infringing on 12, rather than ten, of its patents.
“Today`s filing underscores the breadth of Facebook`s violation of Yahoo``s intellectual property,” The Los Angeles Times quoted a Yahoo spokesman, as saying.
Last month Yahoo claimed Facebook had infringed on ten of its patents, including systems and methods for advertising on the web.
Facebook, however, counter sued the Internet firm, claiming Yahoo violated its patents covering photo tagging, advertising and online recommendations.
According to the report, Yahoo has now denied the claims and accused Facebook of engaging in unfair tactics.
It said Facebook violated an agreement between the two companies to notify each other of possible patent infringements before going to court.
Meanwhile a Facebook spokesman said that they are `perplexed by Yahoo``s erratic actions.`
“We disagree with these latest claims and we will continue to defend ourselves vigorously,” the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 'Aam Aadmi Party has anti-women character'
- WATCH: 4 wickets in 6 balls - When Ajit Agarkar bowled devastating last over against Australia
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year
- AAP has very close links with radicals: Sukhbir Singh Badal