Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson steps down
Washington: Yahoo chief executive officer (CEO) Scott Thompson has resigned and the company has named Ross Levinsohn as interim CEO, Yahoo said Sunday.
The company said its board of directors also appointed Fred Amoroso as chairman. Both appointments were effective immediately, Xinhua reported.
"Mr. Levinsohn replaces Scott Thompson, former chief executive officer, who has left the company," Yahoo said in a statement.
Thompson, former president of eBay`s subsidiary PayPal, was appointed as CEO in January 2012.
According to Xinhua, Thompson was under fire after Yahoo shareholder Dan Loeb alleged that the CEO does not have a computer science degree from Stonehill College as claimed for the CEO position, as well as in regulatory filings to the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand