Yahoo! chairman, three directors stepping down
San Francisco: Yahoo! chairman Roy Bostock has announced he was stepping down from the board of the struggling Internet company along with three other directors.
Bostock, in a letter to shareholders, also said Yahoo! was in "active discussions" with its partners in Asia on restructuring its holdings in the Alibaba Group and Yahoo! Japan.
Bostock yesterday said he had decided not to stand for re-election at Yahoo!`s next shareholders meeting, along with board members Vyomesh Joshi, Arthur Kern and Gary Wilson.
He said the board elected two independent directors yesterday: Alfred Amoroso, former president and chief executive of Rovi Corp, and Maynard Webb, a former chief operating officer at eBay.
Bostock said a strategic review of Yahoo! has made "significant progress" and has included "a wide range of discussions with potential partners.
"We have engaged with potential investors and reviewed proposals concerning an equity investment in the company, although at this time there have not been any proposals which have been deemed by the committee to be attractive to our shareholders," he said.
"We are also in active discussions with our partners in Asia regarding the possibility of restructuring our holdings in Alibaba Group and Yahoo! Japan," Bostock said.
"While we continue to devote significant resources to these discussions, we are not in a position at this time to provide further detail or to provide assurance that any transaction will be achieved," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read