Yahoo eyeing online TV service Hulu
Sydney: After purchasing Tumblr for a whopping 1.1 billion dollars, Yahoo has reportedly filed a bid for online TV service Hulu, which has revenue of 700 million dollars.
Hulu streams a wide range of television shows to millions of users and collects revenue from advertising and monthly subscription service, allowing access to episodes that are not free.
A news.com report said that if Yahoo succeeds in purchasing Hulu, which has four million paying subscribers, it could rival YouTube.
A number of private equity groups and Time Warner are in competition for Hulu, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read