Yahoo eyeing online TV service Hulu
Sydney: After purchasing Tumblr for a whopping 1.1 billion dollars, Yahoo has reportedly filed a bid for online TV service Hulu, which has revenue of 700 million dollars.
Hulu streams a wide range of television shows to millions of users and collects revenue from advertising and monthly subscription service, allowing access to episodes that are not free.
A news.com report said that if Yahoo succeeds in purchasing Hulu, which has four million paying subscribers, it could rival YouTube.
A number of private equity groups and Time Warner are in competition for Hulu, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA