Yahoo eyeing online TV service Hulu
Sydney: After purchasing Tumblr for a whopping 1.1 billion dollars, Yahoo has reportedly filed a bid for online TV service Hulu, which has revenue of 700 million dollars.
Hulu streams a wide range of television shows to millions of users and collects revenue from advertising and monthly subscription service, allowing access to episodes that are not free.
A news.com report said that if Yahoo succeeds in purchasing Hulu, which has four million paying subscribers, it could rival YouTube.
A number of private equity groups and Time Warner are in competition for Hulu, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium
- Don't know what item songs mean: Zareen Khan