Yahoo going back to basics to boost search tech
Washington: Yahoo is reportedly directing its focus back on algorithmic search and search advertising, tech site, Recode, has revealed.
The Internet giant is said to have ordered up two new search-related initiatives, codenamed Fast Break and Curveball.
According to Cnet, the projects are reportedly priorities for Yahoo; both with three-to-four month time frames, and involving search chief Laurie Mann, mobile head Adam Cahan, and SVP of platforms Jay Rossiter.
Recode`s report speculates that Cahan`s involvement in the project is indicative of a strong mobile bent, in tune with CEO Marissa Mayer`s focus on mobile platform.
The search projects also point to the possibilities of Yahoo planning a Bing exit strategy for 2015 and look to partner with another web engine like Google or rebuilding its own core search capabilities, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach