Yahoo has `no plans` to update Flickr for Windows Phone
Washington: Yahoo has reportedly announced that it has no plans to update its Flickr app for Windows Phone, as the company intends to `prioritize` on its other efforts.
The Internet giant was requested by a user to both update its Windows Phone app and build one for latest Windows 8 OS, but was turned down, saying it has no intention to do so at the moment.
According to Tech Crunch, Yahoo thanked the user for the feedback, but said that the company was currently focusing on its mobile development efforts on iPhone and Android apps.
WMPowerUser said that Yahoo had released its Flickr app for Windows Phone in the WP7 days and since then, there has been no update to it and Yahoo never showed any interest in revamping the app.
The report said that as Yahoo intends to focus its resources on iOS and Android , and apparently ignoring Microsoft, Flickr fans using Windows Phones have been upset with the news and strongly demand for an update to the photo sharing service.
Meanwhile, Microsoft denied commenting on the matter, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India