Yahoo has `no plans` to update Flickr for Windows Phone
Washington: Yahoo has reportedly announced that it has no plans to update its Flickr app for Windows Phone, as the company intends to `prioritize` on its other efforts.
The Internet giant was requested by a user to both update its Windows Phone app and build one for latest Windows 8 OS, but was turned down, saying it has no intention to do so at the moment.
According to Tech Crunch, Yahoo thanked the user for the feedback, but said that the company was currently focusing on its mobile development efforts on iPhone and Android apps.
WMPowerUser said that Yahoo had released its Flickr app for Windows Phone in the WP7 days and since then, there has been no update to it and Yahoo never showed any interest in revamping the app.
The report said that as Yahoo intends to focus its resources on iOS and Android , and apparently ignoring Microsoft, Flickr fans using Windows Phones have been upset with the news and strongly demand for an update to the photo sharing service.
Meanwhile, Microsoft denied commenting on the matter, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31