Yahoo mail gets major revamp with 1 TB storage, themes and threads
Zee Media Bureau
San Francisco: To celebrate its 16th birthday, Yahoo redesigned its email services across the desktop, iOS and Android on Tuesday. The new Yahoo Mail will begin to roll out Wednesday.
Yahoo users can now view messages related to specific topics in a threaded conversation, which seems influenced by Yahoo`s main competitor, Gmail. It has also increased the storage space in mail, upping the total amount of storage per user to 1TB - the same amount of space it currently offers Flickr users for free.
Another new feature introduced is that users can now decorate their inboxes by choosing themes or one can also choose his/her own images. Also one can choose pictures from Flickr. These images will sync across all platforms which includes desktops as well as mobile apps.
Apart from the above features, Yahoo is also providing its users disposable email addresses, enhanced filters to help sort through new messages, and the ability to automatically forward your Yahoo mail to another account.
Yahoo’s last major overhaul of its e-mail service occurred in December. The company now has about 289 million monthly users worldwide, second only to Gmail at 304 million, according to the most recent data from the research firm comScore Inc.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'