Yahoo News` Twitter account hacked, sends panicking Ebola threat
Washington: The Twitter account of Yahoo news was reportedly hacked on Sunday, and the hackers sent out a tweet announcing Ebola breakout in Atlanta.
According to Washington Times, the message was re-tweeted at least 736 times in the 10 minutes it was up before Yahoo News deleted it.
However, Yahoo was quick to inform its 815K followers.
The controversial tweet read: `BREAKING: EBOLA OUTBREAK IN ATLANTA! Estimated 145 people infected so far since Doctors carrying the disease were flown in from Africa," Yahoo News tweeted to its 815,000 followers.
The tweet was followed by another tweet by which clarified the issue, it read: Earlier, an unauthorized tweet with misinformation on Ebola was sent from this account; please disregard that tweet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her
- Indian Naval Ships Veer, Nipat to be decommissioned today