Yahoo News` Twitter account hacked, sends panicking Ebola threat
Washington: The Twitter account of Yahoo news was reportedly hacked on Sunday, and the hackers sent out a tweet announcing Ebola breakout in Atlanta.
According to Washington Times, the message was re-tweeted at least 736 times in the 10 minutes it was up before Yahoo News deleted it.
However, Yahoo was quick to inform its 815K followers.
The controversial tweet read: `BREAKING: EBOLA OUTBREAK IN ATLANTA! Estimated 145 people infected so far since Doctors carrying the disease were flown in from Africa," Yahoo News tweeted to its 815,000 followers.
The tweet was followed by another tweet by which clarified the issue, it read: Earlier, an unauthorized tweet with misinformation on Ebola was sent from this account; please disregard that tweet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog