Yahoo News` Twitter account hacked, sends panicking Ebola threat
Washington: The Twitter account of Yahoo news was reportedly hacked on Sunday, and the hackers sent out a tweet announcing Ebola breakout in Atlanta.
According to Washington Times, the message was re-tweeted at least 736 times in the 10 minutes it was up before Yahoo News deleted it.
However, Yahoo was quick to inform its 815K followers.
The controversial tweet read: `BREAKING: EBOLA OUTBREAK IN ATLANTA! Estimated 145 people infected so far since Doctors carrying the disease were flown in from Africa," Yahoo News tweeted to its 815,000 followers.
The tweet was followed by another tweet by which clarified the issue, it read: Earlier, an unauthorized tweet with misinformation on Ebola was sent from this account; please disregard that tweet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'