Yahoo! offers Malayalam content to internet users
New Delhi: Yahoo! India and Malayala Manorama, the leading Malayalam language daily, Thursday announced a partnership to deliver premium digital content in Malayalam.
"The co-branded property malayalam.yahoo.com offers the combined editorial strengths of Yahoo! and Malayala Manorama and provides a superior digital content experience for the large base of 37 million Malayalam speaking audience across the globe," a Yahoo statement said.
Malayalam on Yahoo! India, offers local, national and global news across genres of politics, sports, business, governance, utility and entertainment.
Easy to browse and to discover, the stories connect users to their interests. Lifestyle and utility information is available in the education, motoring, health, religion & spirituality and astrology sections. Select content such as Movie, Music, and Weekend features from Manorama Online will also feature on this destination.
According to a IAMAI (Internet and Mobile Association of India) report, the Indian language audience is growing at a rate of nearly 40 percent per year and the next wave of digital audience in India is expected to emerge from the non-English speaking population.
"These statistics indicate that there is a large base of internet users in India who are keen to access content in their own regional language," the statement said.
Arun Tadanki, managing director, Yahoo! India and Southeast Asia, said: "Launch of Malayalam content on Yahoo! India is yet another milestone in the execution of our language strategy, aimed at growing the overall internet user base in India."
"Our choice of partner has always been driven by our commitment to bring in premium content from a trusted brand, in this case Malayala Manorama. Together, we bring the latest from the world of news, entertainment and other local interests to a discerning audience," Tadanki added.
This latest launch the fifth in a series of language offerings from Yahoo! India that started with Hindi followed by Tamil, Marathi and Bengali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed