Yahoo! offers Malayalam content to internet users
New Delhi: Yahoo! India and Malayala Manorama, the leading Malayalam language daily, Thursday announced a partnership to deliver premium digital content in Malayalam.
"The co-branded property malayalam.yahoo.com offers the combined editorial strengths of Yahoo! and Malayala Manorama and provides a superior digital content experience for the large base of 37 million Malayalam speaking audience across the globe," a Yahoo statement said.
Malayalam on Yahoo! India, offers local, national and global news across genres of politics, sports, business, governance, utility and entertainment.
Easy to browse and to discover, the stories connect users to their interests. Lifestyle and utility information is available in the education, motoring, health, religion & spirituality and astrology sections. Select content such as Movie, Music, and Weekend features from Manorama Online will also feature on this destination.
According to a IAMAI (Internet and Mobile Association of India) report, the Indian language audience is growing at a rate of nearly 40 percent per year and the next wave of digital audience in India is expected to emerge from the non-English speaking population.
"These statistics indicate that there is a large base of internet users in India who are keen to access content in their own regional language," the statement said.
Arun Tadanki, managing director, Yahoo! India and Southeast Asia, said: "Launch of Malayalam content on Yahoo! India is yet another milestone in the execution of our language strategy, aimed at growing the overall internet user base in India."
"Our choice of partner has always been driven by our commitment to bring in premium content from a trusted brand, in this case Malayala Manorama. Together, we bring the latest from the world of news, entertainment and other local interests to a discerning audience," Tadanki added.
This latest launch the fifth in a series of language offerings from Yahoo! India that started with Hindi followed by Tamil, Marathi and Bengali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far