Yahoo partners with Yelp to bring local data in search results
Washington: Yahoo has reportedly partnered with online urban guide operator and business review site, Yelp, to bring local data to its search experience.
The deal between the two companies would see Yelp information, such as ratings and user photos included into Yahoo search results.
According to a website, as Yahoo is no longer synonymous for web search, the Internet giant is aiming to correct the decline in the query market.
Yahoo has tried to get out from under its search deal with Microsoft, given that the partnership has failed to perform up to financial expectations.
However, with the Yelp partnership, Yahoo is imitating the software giant, who had also partnered with Yelp two years ago to power its Bing search tool.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?