Yahoo plug-in brings new visual delight
London: Yahoo has entered the browser wars with the release of an iPad and iPhone app and a desktop plug-in that spruces up your current browser, a newspaper reported Thursday.
The PC world is dominated by Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome, as well as Safari on the Mac, and rather than try to break this stranglehold, Yahoo has created a plug-in that installs into these browsers and brings a new visual style to the table.
Once Yahoo Axis is installed, users get a search-box at the bottom-left of their browser, and when you type a query in, thumbnails pop up along the bottom, giving you an at-a-glance look at your potential destinations.
Bookmarks also get the visual flavour - similar to the home-screen of Chrome or the way most smartphones display your shortcuts.
If you are sporting an iPad or iPhone, Axis will also sync with your desktop browser, meaning a browsing session can be picked up seamlessly where you left off, the newspaper added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?