Yahoo plug-in brings new visual delight
London: Yahoo has entered the browser wars with the release of an iPad and iPhone app and a desktop plug-in that spruces up your current browser, a newspaper reported Thursday.
The PC world is dominated by Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome, as well as Safari on the Mac, and rather than try to break this stranglehold, Yahoo has created a plug-in that installs into these browsers and brings a new visual style to the table.
Once Yahoo Axis is installed, users get a search-box at the bottom-left of their browser, and when you type a query in, thumbnails pop up along the bottom, giving you an at-a-glance look at your potential destinations.
Bookmarks also get the visual flavour - similar to the home-screen of Chrome or the way most smartphones display your shortcuts.
If you are sporting an iPad or iPhone, Axis will also sync with your desktop browser, meaning a browsing session can be picked up seamlessly where you left off, the newspaper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?