Yahoo resets Mail passwords following attempted hack attack
Washington: Yahoo has reportedly reset the passwords of some of its Mail users after an attempted hack attack sought to access the email accounts.
The Internet giant said that the attempted attack appeared to have come from a third party database being compromised and was not an infiltration of Yahoo`s own services.
According to Cnet, the hackers were apparently looking for names and email addresses in the most recently sent emails of affected users.
Yahoo said that it had already alerted those affected, and is working with federal law enforcers to find the perpetrators.
The Internet giant has come in the negative light for its poor public relations efforts after a small number of users experienced a multi-day outage, and, in some cases, users saw a backlog of email from up to two weeks, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report