Yahoo to release inactive email IDs for identification and re-use
Wellington: Internet giant Yahoo has decided to release inactive email IDs which have been dysfunctional for more than a year to be identified by the users and provide them a last chance to re-use their existing email address.
In a bid to save the drowning company, CEO Marrisa Mayer has been on a revival spree by acquiring Tumblr, tweaking the website`s home page and refreshing the Flickr service.
According to Stuff.co.nz, the dormant email IDs will be released for identification after July 15 unless a user logs in again before then. After July 15 it will be released all over and the email addresses will become functional by mid- August.
The company is hopeful that this attempt will let users get back to their email service, which has now been altered to compete with popular services of Gmail.
Apart from the email address, the account name can be used to log in to other Yahoo services like sports, weather and news, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel and Power Ltd, 3 officials convicted
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire