Yahoo to release inactive email IDs for identification and re-use
Wellington: Internet giant Yahoo has decided to release inactive email IDs which have been dysfunctional for more than a year to be identified by the users and provide them a last chance to re-use their existing email address.
In a bid to save the drowning company, CEO Marrisa Mayer has been on a revival spree by acquiring Tumblr, tweaking the website`s home page and refreshing the Flickr service.
According to Stuff.co.nz, the dormant email IDs will be released for identification after July 15 unless a user logs in again before then. After July 15 it will be released all over and the email addresses will become functional by mid- August.
The company is hopeful that this attempt will let users get back to their email service, which has now been altered to compete with popular services of Gmail.
Apart from the email address, the account name can be used to log in to other Yahoo services like sports, weather and news, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!