Yahoo to release inactive email IDs for identification and re-use
Wellington: Internet giant Yahoo has decided to release inactive email IDs which have been dysfunctional for more than a year to be identified by the users and provide them a last chance to re-use their existing email address.
In a bid to save the drowning company, CEO Marrisa Mayer has been on a revival spree by acquiring Tumblr, tweaking the website`s home page and refreshing the Flickr service.
According to Stuff.co.nz, the dormant email IDs will be released for identification after July 15 unless a user logs in again before then. After July 15 it will be released all over and the email addresses will become functional by mid- August.
The company is hopeful that this attempt will let users get back to their email service, which has now been altered to compete with popular services of Gmail.
Apart from the email address, the account name can be used to log in to other Yahoo services like sports, weather and news, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city