Yahoo to release inactive email IDs for identification and re-use
Wellington: Internet giant Yahoo has decided to release inactive email IDs which have been dysfunctional for more than a year to be identified by the users and provide them a last chance to re-use their existing email address.
In a bid to save the drowning company, CEO Marrisa Mayer has been on a revival spree by acquiring Tumblr, tweaking the website`s home page and refreshing the Flickr service.
According to Stuff.co.nz, the dormant email IDs will be released for identification after July 15 unless a user logs in again before then. After July 15 it will be released all over and the email addresses will become functional by mid- August.
The company is hopeful that this attempt will let users get back to their email service, which has now been altered to compete with popular services of Gmail.
Apart from the email address, the account name can be used to log in to other Yahoo services like sports, weather and news, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic