Yahoo to update, personalize mail app for iPhone
Washington: Yahoo has chosen to update its mail application for iPhone, creating new tabs for a personalized user experience.
The personalized tab is the company`s take on Google Now , which includes features such as weather, sports scores, stock quotes etc.
According to The Verge, Yahoo`s interest in personalizing its app had become more apparent since it acquired Aviate, makers of a home screen replacement for Android devices.
The company is looking for ways to diversify its mobile user experience as it does not have a mobile operating system of its own.
Although iPhone users can access Yahoo accounts from their iOS app, it still remains unclear as to why they need to use a dedicated app to access their Yahoo account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight