Yahoo to update, personalize mail app for iPhone
Washington: Yahoo has chosen to update its mail application for iPhone, creating new tabs for a personalized user experience.
The personalized tab is the company`s take on Google Now , which includes features such as weather, sports scores, stock quotes etc.
According to The Verge, Yahoo`s interest in personalizing its app had become more apparent since it acquired Aviate, makers of a home screen replacement for Android devices.
The company is looking for ways to diversify its mobile user experience as it does not have a mobile operating system of its own.
Although iPhone users can access Yahoo accounts from their iOS app, it still remains unclear as to why they need to use a dedicated app to access their Yahoo account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what