Yahoo`s `revamped` email service frustrates users
Washington: Yahoo`s so-called `revamped` email service is apparently putting off its users, who are finding the redesigned overall appearance of the service, similar to that of Google`s Gmail.
The makeover, which went live on October 8, has been touted as a total disaster by many frustrated Yahoo users, who discovered that many of the most useful features from the service were taken off, like the `print` button and sorting mails by sender.
According to Fox News, some of Yahoo Mail`s estimated 275 million users complained of broken functions like autosave, draft deletion and disappearing emails.
The frustrated users after complaining on Yahoo`s official site took to Change.org and filed a petition, demanding the return to the old mail look.
The petition organizer, Jan Hyatt wrote that most of the users picked Yahoo because of its interface and that they do not like Gmail and wanted to switch back to the older version.
Meanwhile, a Facebook group dedicated to the same cause wrote an open letter to Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer , lashing out for the `worst email inbox design` and urging her to revert back to the previous version on which they have relied on for years despite Google`s attempt to lure them away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- German bar attacker Syrian, had psychiatric problems
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies
- Check out five stunning Instagram photos of ‘Mohenjo Daro’ beauty Pooja Hegde
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 likely to be launched today