Youth held for making fake Facebook profile of woman
Hyderabad: Cyberabad Police have arrested a youth from Bangalore on the charge of creating fake profile of a city-based woman on Facebook and threatening her for rejecting his love proposal.
N Santosh Kumar alias Kiran, working in a private company in Bangalore and a native of Pavagada in Tumkur district of Karnataka, was apprehended by Cyber Crime Police wing of Cyberabad Police yesterday, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crimes) Janaki Sharmila said on Friday.
A complaint was lodged with the Cyber Crime Police on August 23 stating that the accused Santosh Kumar, besides creating the fake profile of the woman and uploading her photographs on Facebook, was chatting in her name with others.
He also made calls and sent messages to the victim and her family members threatening them with dire consequences for rejecting his love proposal, the police officer said.
Santosh and the victim had met in Bangalore while pursuing a computer course and had proposed to her later, the police officer said.
"The accused harassed the woman in the name of love. He even threatened her and her family members with dire consequences saying they should not look for other matches for her," the Additional DCP said quoting the complaint lodged by the victim`s brother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part IV
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part V
- Stolen LMG recovered in Punjab, red alert sounded for runaway BSF trooper
- India wants close security coordination with Bangladesh: Envoy
- LeEco launches new video membership brand for young consumers
- Normandy church attack: French priest, two hostage takers killed; Islamic State claims responsibility
- Kargil war: When Pakistan faced stinging defeat at the hands of India - Watch