Youth held for making fake Facebook profile of woman
Hyderabad: Cyberabad Police have arrested a youth from Bangalore on the charge of creating fake profile of a city-based woman on Facebook and threatening her for rejecting his love proposal.
N Santosh Kumar alias Kiran, working in a private company in Bangalore and a native of Pavagada in Tumkur district of Karnataka, was apprehended by Cyber Crime Police wing of Cyberabad Police yesterday, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crimes) Janaki Sharmila said on Friday.
A complaint was lodged with the Cyber Crime Police on August 23 stating that the accused Santosh Kumar, besides creating the fake profile of the woman and uploading her photographs on Facebook, was chatting in her name with others.
He also made calls and sent messages to the victim and her family members threatening them with dire consequences for rejecting his love proposal, the police officer said.
Santosh and the victim had met in Bangalore while pursuing a computer course and had proposed to her later, the police officer said.
"The accused harassed the woman in the name of love. He even threatened her and her family members with dire consequences saying they should not look for other matches for her," the Additional DCP said quoting the complaint lodged by the victim`s brother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof