YouTube Android app code hints at possible `Music Pass` service
Washington: The YouTube app for Android reportedly consists of a code that hints towards a possible `Music Pass` service, in tune with the video site`s plans to launch a subscription music service.
The Google-owned site recently announced its plans to launch a subscription music service of its own and the code with the Android app can help YouTube achieve just that.
According to The Verge, a Music Pass service would offer unlimited streaming, offline syncing, background playback, and no ads on millions of songs.
The code could also lend support for offline video watching including references to offline versions expiring, similar to a movie rental service.
The report said that such features already exist on Google`s Play Movies and TV shows, but incorporating it with the video site giant for a fee would help the search giant gain more revenue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie