YouTube hits billion monthly users
Los Angeles: YouTube, the world`s largest online video-sharing platform, today said it now has more than a billion unique users every single month, or nearly one out of every two people on the Internet visits the Google-owned site.
"If YouTube were a country, we`d be the third largest in the world after China and India. Nearly one out of every two people on the Internet visits YouTube," the YouTube Team said in a blog post.
"PSY (the South Korean rapper) and Madonna would have to repeat their Madison Square Garden performance in front of a packed house 200,000 more times. That`s a lot of Gangnam Style!" said the fast-growing video website.
From the aspiring filmmaker in his basement and the next great pop musician, to the fans all around the world who tune in, subscribe and share their favourite videos with the planet, thank you for making YouTube what it is today. You have truly created something special, said the YouTube Team.
Founded in 2005, YouTube allows billions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos. In 2006, Google bought the website for USD 1.65 billion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal