YouTube offering ways to blur faces in video uploads
California: Video-sharing website YouTube is now adding an amazing feature with the help of which people can blur faces in a submitted video.
The new tool is designed keeping in mind to protect a person’s privacy. The tool when applied before submitting the video, simply blurs faces.
The feature will be available from late Wednesday and will appear under the “Additional features” editing enhancements.
Google Inc., which owns YouTube, is warning that blurring faces by itself may not guarantee anonymity. Background scenery or a license plate might give away someone’s identity, as might a recognisable voice. The software also might miss a face or two, though people will have a chance to review the blurring before submitting it.
YouTube was quoted saying to a news agency that “the feature allows people to share personal footage more widely and to speak out when they otherwise may not.”
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video