YouTube offering ways to blur faces in video uploads
California: Video-sharing website YouTube is now adding an amazing feature with the help of which people can blur faces in a submitted video.
The new tool is designed keeping in mind to protect a person’s privacy. The tool when applied before submitting the video, simply blurs faces.
The feature will be available from late Wednesday and will appear under the “Additional features” editing enhancements.
Google Inc., which owns YouTube, is warning that blurring faces by itself may not guarantee anonymity. Background scenery or a license plate might give away someone’s identity, as might a recognisable voice. The software also might miss a face or two, though people will have a chance to review the blurring before submitting it.
YouTube was quoted saying to a news agency that “the feature allows people to share personal footage more widely and to speak out when they otherwise may not.”
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city