YouTube overtakes Facebook as most favourite site among teens
Washington: YouTube is overtaking Facebook as the most favourite site among teenagers, a survey has found.
The Futures Company, a research consultancy, interviewed 4,014 teens and found that the most popular site among young people was YouTube.
Nearly 50 percent of teens cited YouTube as their favorite site versus 45.2 percent who favoured Facebook, Mashable reports.
Others on the list include Amazon (27.8 percent), Google (25 percent), Twitter (19.5 percent), Yahoo (12.1 percent), eBay (10.7 percent) and Tumblr (12.3 percent).
Facebook is still the most popular website with twenty somethings at 55 percent, followed by Amazon (37.5 percent).
The report shows modest growth for Twitter among the 12 to 29 group with 16.5 percent naming it as their favorite website vs. 14.1 percent last year.
Facebook`s overall numbers went from 57.6 percent to 51.7 percent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India