YouTube overtakes Facebook as most favourite site among teens
Washington: YouTube is overtaking Facebook as the most favourite site among teenagers, a survey has found.
The Futures Company, a research consultancy, interviewed 4,014 teens and found that the most popular site among young people was YouTube.
Nearly 50 percent of teens cited YouTube as their favorite site versus 45.2 percent who favoured Facebook, Mashable reports.
Others on the list include Amazon (27.8 percent), Google (25 percent), Twitter (19.5 percent), Yahoo (12.1 percent), eBay (10.7 percent) and Tumblr (12.3 percent).
Facebook is still the most popular website with twenty somethings at 55 percent, followed by Amazon (37.5 percent).
The report shows modest growth for Twitter among the 12 to 29 group with 16.5 percent naming it as their favorite website vs. 14.1 percent last year.
Facebook`s overall numbers went from 57.6 percent to 51.7 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!