YouTube to launch Spotify-like music streaming service
Sydney: YouTube is reportedly planning to launch a music streaming service to rival Spotify later this year.
According to `sources familiar with the negotiations`, the tech giant has reportedly signed a deal with Warner Music, Billboard reported.
The deal will reportedly give Google the ability to stream music across both its Android music platform, Google Play and YouTube, news.com.au reports.
Android users can already purchase and listen to music via Google Play, but the new streaming service will reportedly offer people access to millions of songs for a monthly subscription fee, which is much like Spotify .
Google has not given details about he new service, but it also did not deny that the streaming service would go ahead, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube