YouTube to show full length films for just £2.49
London: Video-sharing website YouTube has signed a deal with studios including Warner Bros and Universal, which would allow people in the UK to watch full length films for the first time for just 2.49 pounds per movie.
According to the new deal around 1,000 films are available on the site that is owned by internet search firm Google.
Among the available titles are Reservoir Dogs, Monty Python`s The Meaning of Life, and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, the Daily Mail reports.
“Today we announced another step in the direction of becoming an entertainment destination for all things video,” the paper quoted a YouTube spokeswoman, as saying.
“In addition to the short form, user and professionally produced content that you know and have come to expect from YouTube, full-length feature films have been added to YouTube in the UK,” she added.
The full-length feature films scheme was introduced in the United States in May and Canada in September.
Films will normally be rented for 30 days, and viewers will typically have 48 hours to finish watching the film once they have started.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report