Zuckerberg buys four houses in neighbourhood to save them from becoming `Taj Mahal`
Sydney: Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg has reportedly bought out neighbours, literally, as he spent 30 million dollars for four houses adjacent to his own five-bedroom home in Palo Alto.
The 29-year-old multibillionaire decided to buy the houses after discovering that a developer planned to buy one of them to build a mansion.
According to new.com.au, local media reported that the techie had no plans to build a ` Taj Mahal` on the newly acquired properties and has leased them back to their original owners.
The report said that Zuckerberg paid an `absurdly high` amount of 19 billion dollars for one of the homes.
Palo Alto is one of the most expensive cities in the US, and boasts numerous tech moguls among its residents, including Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, and the home of late Apple founder Steve Jobs, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday