Zuckerberg buys four houses in neighbourhood to save them from becoming `Taj Mahal`
Sydney: Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg has reportedly bought out neighbours, literally, as he spent 30 million dollars for four houses adjacent to his own five-bedroom home in Palo Alto.
The 29-year-old multibillionaire decided to buy the houses after discovering that a developer planned to buy one of them to build a mansion.
According to new.com.au, local media reported that the techie had no plans to build a ` Taj Mahal` on the newly acquired properties and has leased them back to their original owners.
The report said that Zuckerberg paid an `absurdly high` amount of 19 billion dollars for one of the homes.
Palo Alto is one of the most expensive cities in the US, and boasts numerous tech moguls among its residents, including Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, and the home of late Apple founder Steve Jobs, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works
- Do you know traffic jams can make your body susceptible to cancer? - Read