Zuckerberg buys four houses in neighbourhood to save them from becoming `Taj Mahal`
Sydney: Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg has reportedly bought out neighbours, literally, as he spent 30 million dollars for four houses adjacent to his own five-bedroom home in Palo Alto.
The 29-year-old multibillionaire decided to buy the houses after discovering that a developer planned to buy one of them to build a mansion.
According to new.com.au, local media reported that the techie had no plans to build a ` Taj Mahal` on the newly acquired properties and has leased them back to their original owners.
The report said that Zuckerberg paid an `absurdly high` amount of 19 billion dollars for one of the homes.
Palo Alto is one of the most expensive cities in the US, and boasts numerous tech moguls among its residents, including Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, and the home of late Apple founder Steve Jobs, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference