Zuckerberg denies ‘Facebook smartphone’ rumours

Last Updated: Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 10:23

London: Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has denied that the firm is planning to develop a phone, saying doing so ‘would be the wrong strategy’ for the social networking giant.

Zuckerberg’s remarks came during a conference in San Francisco organized by TechCrunch.

There had been intense speculation that Facebook was planning to release a phone as early as next year.

Zuckerberg, however, pointed out that that building a Facebook phone would not attract a considerable enough number of users to make the venture worthwhile, the Telegraph reports.

The 28-year-old founder of the website, however, promoted the importance of mobile in Facebook`s strategy.

Zuckerberg said that users of Facebook`s new iOS app are reading twice as many feed stories as before, suggesting a future boom in advertising revenue.

Zuckerberg said that the company`s mistake was relying too heavily on HTML5 for its app rather than using native apps.

According to the report, he also said that native Android app is the third prong of its mobile strategy after iOS and mobile web, and users can expect one before too long.

ANI



First Published: Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 10:23

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus