Zuckerberg denies ‘Facebook smartphone’ rumours
London: Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has denied that the firm is planning to develop a phone, saying doing so ‘would be the wrong strategy’ for the social networking giant.
Zuckerberg’s remarks came during a conference in San Francisco organized by TechCrunch.
There had been intense speculation that Facebook was planning to release a phone as early as next year.
Zuckerberg, however, pointed out that that building a Facebook phone would not attract a considerable enough number of users to make the venture worthwhile, the Telegraph reports.
The 28-year-old founder of the website, however, promoted the importance of mobile in Facebook`s strategy.
Zuckerberg said that users of Facebook`s new iOS app are reading twice as many feed stories as before, suggesting a future boom in advertising revenue.
Zuckerberg said that the company`s mistake was relying too heavily on HTML5 for its app rather than using native apps.
According to the report, he also said that native Android app is the third prong of its mobile strategy after iOS and mobile web, and users can expect one before too long.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what