Zuckerberg reveals Facebook Messenger has 200mln users
Washington: More than 200 million people use Facebook Messenger every month, CEO Mark Zuckerberg has said.
Zuckerberg has for the first time discussed about the company`s in-house mobile messaging app and simultaneously signaled a growing interest in less public forms of expression.
Zuckerberg shared the news with investors during the company`s first-quarter earnings call, where he joined COO Sheryl Sandberg and departing CFO David Ebersman to talk up a remarkable first quarter, CNET reports.
The first three months of the year were punctuated by mobile sales, which grew to 59 percent of advertising revenue, or around 1.34 billion dollars.
Messenger is a cross-platform messaging app for privately communicating with Facebook contacts.
Messenger`s monthly audience is now on par with Instagram`s, which also totals 200 million people.
Facebook has never before discussed the size of Messenger`s audience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
- Companies making beeline to sign PV Sindhu for endorsements
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise