Zuckerberg reveals Facebook Messenger has 200mln users
Washington: More than 200 million people use Facebook Messenger every month, CEO Mark Zuckerberg has said.
Zuckerberg has for the first time discussed about the company`s in-house mobile messaging app and simultaneously signaled a growing interest in less public forms of expression.
Zuckerberg shared the news with investors during the company`s first-quarter earnings call, where he joined COO Sheryl Sandberg and departing CFO David Ebersman to talk up a remarkable first quarter, CNET reports.
The first three months of the year were punctuated by mobile sales, which grew to 59 percent of advertising revenue, or around 1.34 billion dollars.
Messenger is a cross-platform messaging app for privately communicating with Facebook contacts.
Messenger`s monthly audience is now on par with Instagram`s, which also totals 200 million people.
Facebook has never before discussed the size of Messenger`s audience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!