Zuckerberg reveals Facebook Messenger has 200mln users
Washington: More than 200 million people use Facebook Messenger every month, CEO Mark Zuckerberg has said.
Zuckerberg has for the first time discussed about the company`s in-house mobile messaging app and simultaneously signaled a growing interest in less public forms of expression.
Zuckerberg shared the news with investors during the company`s first-quarter earnings call, where he joined COO Sheryl Sandberg and departing CFO David Ebersman to talk up a remarkable first quarter, CNET reports.
The first three months of the year were punctuated by mobile sales, which grew to 59 percent of advertising revenue, or around 1.34 billion dollars.
Messenger is a cross-platform messaging app for privately communicating with Facebook contacts.
Messenger`s monthly audience is now on par with Instagram`s, which also totals 200 million people.
Facebook has never before discussed the size of Messenger`s audience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj