Zuckerberg reveals Facebook Messenger has 200mln users
Washington: More than 200 million people use Facebook Messenger every month, CEO Mark Zuckerberg has said.
Zuckerberg has for the first time discussed about the company`s in-house mobile messaging app and simultaneously signaled a growing interest in less public forms of expression.
Zuckerberg shared the news with investors during the company`s first-quarter earnings call, where he joined COO Sheryl Sandberg and departing CFO David Ebersman to talk up a remarkable first quarter, CNET reports.
The first three months of the year were punctuated by mobile sales, which grew to 59 percent of advertising revenue, or around 1.34 billion dollars.
Messenger is a cross-platform messaging app for privately communicating with Facebook contacts.
Messenger`s monthly audience is now on par with Instagram`s, which also totals 200 million people.
Facebook has never before discussed the size of Messenger`s audience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion