Zuckerberg wants Facebook to connect people around the world
Johannesburg: Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook, has said his company wants to connect everyone after surpassing the momentous billion monthly users mark.
According to the Bandwidth Blog, Facebook has become the largest social networking site in the world after surpassing the one billion back in October 2012.
The company`s financial results for Q2 revealed that the site hosts 1.15 billion users and roughly 700 million users visit the site on a daily basis.
Facebook`s shares saw a rise above its IPO price of 38 dollars before falling back to close at 36.80 dollars as a result of its strong revenue from mobile advertising.
David Ebersman, the Chief Financial Officer, said an aggregate time spent on Facebook has exceeded 20 billion minutes each day in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra