Zuckerberg wants Facebook to connect people around the world
Johannesburg: Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook, has said his company wants to connect everyone after surpassing the momentous billion monthly users mark.
According to the Bandwidth Blog, Facebook has become the largest social networking site in the world after surpassing the one billion back in October 2012.
The company`s financial results for Q2 revealed that the site hosts 1.15 billion users and roughly 700 million users visit the site on a daily basis.
Facebook`s shares saw a rise above its IPO price of 38 dollars before falling back to close at 36.80 dollars as a result of its strong revenue from mobile advertising.
David Ebersman, the Chief Financial Officer, said an aggregate time spent on Facebook has exceeded 20 billion minutes each day in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir