Zynga opens first international office in India
Bangalore: Zynga, the largest social game provider, on Wednesday announced it has opened Zynga India in Bangalore, the first office outside the United States. The India operation will focus on game development and large-scale infrastructure to support the delivery of Zynga games to millions of players every day.
Online gaming in India is rapidly expanding, and Zynga India is committed to delivering social games like FarmVille, Mafia Wars, Café World, and FishVille to Indian players.
In India, 41 percent of active Internet users played online games in 2008, up 89 percent from the previous year, according to the Internet & Mobile Association of India. With more than 81 million Internet users, India is projected to become the third largest online market behind China and the U.S. by 2013.
“Social gaming combines the best of web technical talent with game storytelling talent,” said Zynga CEO Mark Pincus. “India offers some of the world’s most sophisticated and rich technical talent bases and we are thrilled to have a local presence.”
Zynga India will add to its current game studios in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Baltimore. Zynga India is looking to recruit computer scientists and engineers who are experienced in building scalable infrastructure to handle more than 70 million daily active users.
“We are excited to be launching the first international facility for Zynga and will be focused on hiring about 100 of the best and brightest over the next year,” said Shan Kadavil, Country Manager, Zynga India. “Our focus will be on building the next generation infrastructure that can handle the tremendous growth of Zynga games.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow