100 affected by undiagnosed disease
Itanagar: Over a hundred people were affected by an undiagnosed disease at Pasighat town and its adjoining areas in East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh since early this month.
The disease is like viral fever but no medicine available in the district to fight the symptoms have helped those ailing from it. However, there have been no casualties, official sources said.
Tako Dabi, political advisor to chief minister, who is also a victim of the disease said in a statement today that the symptoms were neither that of malaria nor of typhoid which are prevalent in Arunachal Pradesh.
"The medicines available in the district could not cure the disease," he said and drew the attention of the state government for early solution to the problem.
Dabi in a letter to state Health and Family Welfare Minister Tanga Byaling urged him to depute a team from Indian Council of Medical Research based at Dibrugarh in Assam or a team of doctors from the state to study the disease and to initiate measures to check it from spreading.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference