100 affected by undiagnosed disease
Itanagar: Over a hundred people were affected by an undiagnosed disease at Pasighat town and its adjoining areas in East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh since early this month.
The disease is like viral fever but no medicine available in the district to fight the symptoms have helped those ailing from it. However, there have been no casualties, official sources said.
Tako Dabi, political advisor to chief minister, who is also a victim of the disease said in a statement today that the symptoms were neither that of malaria nor of typhoid which are prevalent in Arunachal Pradesh.
"The medicines available in the district could not cure the disease," he said and drew the attention of the state government for early solution to the problem.
Dabi in a letter to state Health and Family Welfare Minister Tanga Byaling urged him to depute a team from Indian Council of Medical Research based at Dibrugarh in Assam or a team of doctors from the state to study the disease and to initiate measures to check it from spreading.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly