100 BSF women constables deployed in Northeast
Shillong: The Border Security Forces has deployed one hundred women constables in the north eastern region along the border with Bangladesh to improve inspection, a BSF official said on Sunday.
"We have deployment of over 100 women constables of the BSF in the entire region," Sudhir Kumar Srivastava, IG, BSF Assam Frontier, said at the end of the 3-day bi-annual Inspector General level meeting of border management and coordination here.
Altogether 70 women constables had been posted at the headquarters of Assam Frontier in Guwahati and 30 in Tripura while 11 women reached here for their posting in Meghalaya Frontier, he said.
BSF men constables had problems in frisking women offenders and deployment of women constables would solve the problem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees