100 BSF women constables deployed in Northeast
Shillong: The Border Security Forces has deployed one hundred women constables in the north eastern region along the border with Bangladesh to improve inspection, a BSF official said on Sunday.
"We have deployment of over 100 women constables of the BSF in the entire region," Sudhir Kumar Srivastava, IG, BSF Assam Frontier, said at the end of the 3-day bi-annual Inspector General level meeting of border management and coordination here.
Altogether 70 women constables had been posted at the headquarters of Assam Frontier in Guwahati and 30 in Tripura while 11 women reached here for their posting in Meghalaya Frontier, he said.
BSF men constables had problems in frisking women offenders and deployment of women constables would solve the problem, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming