100 BSF women constables deployed in Northeast
Shillong: The Border Security Forces has deployed one hundred women constables in the north eastern region along the border with Bangladesh to improve inspection, a BSF official said on Sunday.
"We have deployment of over 100 women constables of the BSF in the entire region," Sudhir Kumar Srivastava, IG, BSF Assam Frontier, said at the end of the 3-day bi-annual Inspector General level meeting of border management and coordination here.
Altogether 70 women constables had been posted at the headquarters of Assam Frontier in Guwahati and 30 in Tripura while 11 women reached here for their posting in Meghalaya Frontier, he said.
BSF men constables had problems in frisking women offenders and deployment of women constables would solve the problem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda