100 BSF women constables deployed in Northeast
Shillong: The Border Security Forces has deployed one hundred women constables in the north eastern region along the border with Bangladesh to improve inspection, a BSF official said on Sunday.
"We have deployment of over 100 women constables of the BSF in the entire region," Sudhir Kumar Srivastava, IG, BSF Assam Frontier, said at the end of the 3-day bi-annual Inspector General level meeting of border management and coordination here.
Altogether 70 women constables had been posted at the headquarters of Assam Frontier in Guwahati and 30 in Tripura while 11 women reached here for their posting in Meghalaya Frontier, he said.
BSF men constables had problems in frisking women offenders and deployment of women constables would solve the problem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble